Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Paper Players Challenge #146 - Masculine CAS

This week at The Paper Players, the theme is Masculine Clean & Simple.

Well, I have taken that quite literally & made my card really "clean" by using bleach as the colouring medium, lol:-


I punched some 1/2", 3/4" & 1" cardstock circles & temporarily adhered them to the card panel.  I mixed up a 50:50 solution of bleach & water in a spray bottle & misted the panel.  I removed the circle masks, gave the panel a blast from the heat gun & this is the outcome.

A popped up banner sentiment & some white baker's twine made it a quick & simple creation.  (A tip re the twine - you can't see it in the photo, but I used my scoring tool to create four vertical lines to lay the baker's twine in.  This keeps it nice & straight!)

You can check out the fabulous projects from The Paper's Player Design Team, peruse the Gallery & play along here:-

(Click on the graphic)

Card Components
All SU except for the bleach solution.
Whisper White & Bravo Burgundy cardstock, Itty Bitty Banners stamp set & dies, 
1/2", 3/4" & 1" Circle Punches, White Baker's Twine

5 comments:

Amy O said...

What a cool effect! I love the polka dots. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Ooooooh....this is so cool! You come up with the best ideas! I'd ruin my clothes doing this, I am sure!

Justin said...

What a great technique! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! Super effective, Helen! I have never thought to try that techy! Am keen now! Hugs xxx

loyaz said...

Another great card - thanks so much for sharing the recipe info.