Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Minion Fun!!!! @ The Paper Players & Just Add Ink

Well, it has been a very long time between posts here, so I thought I would combine two of my favourite challenges this week to create a card for our DD (who loves all things animated).  She has just celebrated her birthday, as well as obtaining a mentoring position in her chosen field, so she has lots to celebrate!

I have used The Paper Players challenge for the outside of the card:-



& Just Add Ink's inspiration challenge for the inside (as well as those gorgeous colours):-



& here is a close up of those little minions :)


I used the the Pop N Cuts Base & Dress Form Dies to create the card & various punches, dies, fussy cutting & crystal effects to create the minions.  My favourite component is their hair - which I created using some bristles from an old paintbrush!

I was inspired to make these mini minions after seeing Helen's awesome big minion here.  :)

Thank you to the Design Teams at Just Add Ink & The Paper Players for the fantastic challenges!


Card Components
(All SU except as noted)
Pop N Cuts Base Card Die, Dress Form Pop N Cuts Die,  Pennant Punch, 1.1/4" Circle Punch, Mini Oval Punch, Itty Bitty Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Word Window Punch, retired Triple Heart Punch, Crystal Effects, Letter It Stamps, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point & Coastal Cabana Inks, White Shimmer, Brushed Silver, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight & Pacific Point Cardstock, Dimensionals, Basic Black Marker, Quatrefancy Specialty DSP, Dimensionals, Rhinestones,
Non SU 1.1/8" Circle Punch & Paintbrush Bristles


13 comments:

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Very cute and clever Helen.
Fun card!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Awesome!!!!!!

Helen said...

Argghh!!! I love it!! Your mini minions are about the best thing I've ever seen! - so glad you left me a comment, so I could come and see them! x

inkeverywhere said...

OMG - this is just so so cute. I know several littlies that would just love this. It's awesome. Chantell JAI

Cathy said...

Fantastic card, I can just imagine someone opening this repeatedly to see these cute little guys pop out! Very clever! :) Cathy x

Mae Collins said...

What a fun and delightful card. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

Christine Blain said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the inside of the card, Helen - those little outstretched arms are a gorgeous interpretation of the inspiration pic! Love this to bits. So glad you could join us at Just Add Ink this week!

Brian King said...

Helen - SO ADORABLE! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

delysc said...

Super cute card Helen!!!

Ann Schach said...

Helen...it does not get any cuter than this! The inside comes as a such a surprise...so creative and fun! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Helen, I literally squealed when I scrolled down and saw the inside of your card! TOO cute! Love those little minions! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Helen!
Look at all those visitors ... who have been hanging around waiting to see your next creation! You are a star! Such a clever card. I bet it was a a hit! Hugs xxx

Sharnee Torrents said...

Hello lovely Helen!
WOW Oh WOW you've totally got this card going OFF!!! I love what you've done with those cutelittle fellows, my son would think this card is SUPER DUPER!!! Which of course it is!!!!
Smiles Sharnee :)
p.s if you like to join in on challenges some of my friends have just started a new one over at
Perfectly Rustics, would love for you to come and play!!