Monday, July 22, 2013

Just Add Ink #174 - Chalk & Clay

Another fabulous challenge from the Just Add Ink Team this week had me keen to join along!  With gorgeous colours & new toys to play with, I created these little boxes:-


I used a chocolate mould to create the seahorse & cone shell from Simply Pressed Clay. They were coloured with an aquapainter & ink, then spritzed with shimmer spray.

Both the box lids & bases were stamped with images from the Going Grunge set & the sentiment panels came from the Chalk Talk set.



The best part (other than being able to give them to the two lovely ladies that I had lunch with today :) ), was that these sweet little boxes of Guylian chockies fitted perfectly inside. (I could say it was cleverly planned that way, but it was just a very happy coincidence!)

(oops, a fuzzy phone camera photo, but you get the idea!)  :)

You can play along in the Challenge & check out the wonderful inspiration from the JAI Team here:-


Project Components (all SU)
Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla & Coastal Cabana cardstock, Baked Brown Sugar 
& Coastal Cabana inkpads, Chalk Talk stamp set & framelits, Going Grunge stamp set, 
Simply Pressed Clay, Pearls & dimensionals

8 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Love your cute little beach inspired boxes.

Nikki Spencer said...

They are so darn cute Helen! You have me hunting through my cupboards for choc and ice molds now...:0) Very clever idea! Lovely to have you join us at Just Add Ink. xx I think my shell is finally dry...:0)

Lynne Armstrong said...

These are gorgeous Helen. Love the moulded shell & seahorse....how clever to use a choc mould :) I'm sure the girls were thrilled with them.
Hugs xx

inkeverywhere said...

These are lovely little gifts - the chocolates and boxes go perfectly together. Yummo! Chantell JAI

Christine Blain said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm with Bron - I'm just blown away by the way your creative mind works!! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink. :)

Paula said...

Classic Helen Heil designs. Love them Helen!! So clever to replicate the choc box theme on your own gorgeous boxes!! Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

OHHH these are so cute!!
What a lovely way to use the Just Add Ink colour challenge this week - I'm sure the recipients loved them.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

OHHH these are so cute!!
What a lovely way to use the Just Add Ink colour challenge this week - I'm sure the recipients loved them.

Trish
JAI Design Team