Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Paper Players #164

Goodness me, look how long it's been since I've been here! It's been over a month since I have even made a card, & two months since I posted anything, so I thought I would play along with The Paper Players this week to rectify that situation.  :)

I need a big batch of thank you cards, so this is the first of many:-


I have used some of my favourite tools - the Big Shot, embossing folders & dies, as well as some favourite cardstock colours - Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, White Shimmer & Silver Glitter to make this card. You can't really pick  it from the photo (night-time photography), but I inked my woodgrain embossing folder with Illuminate ink & then Craft White ink to soften the woodgrain texture & get a bit of a shimmery "white wash" look happening.

I've used all three of the Expressions Thinlits Dies to create the script sentiment & the "so much" comes from the Simply Sketched Hostess set.

Here is Sandy's awesome sketch:-


& you can find the challenge, as well as the fabulous array of DT samples here.

Card Components (All SU)
Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, White Shimmer & Silver Glitter cardstock,
Versamark, Illuminate & Craft White Ink, White embossing powder, Circle Framelit & Expressions Thinlit Dies, Woodgrain & Perfect Polka Dots embossing folders, Coastal Cabana Ruffled Trim & Rhinestones

4 comments:

Paula said...

Good to see you back Helen, and with such a lovely card. What a great tip using the Expressions thinlits like that! Very clever ♥

Christine Blain said...

Oh, this is DELIGHTFUL, my friend!! What a beautiful colour combination, and clever use of the thinlits. Love it.

Nance Leedy said...

Lovely card, as always Helen! love the colors and the subtle details that let your clever use of the thinlits shine! Delighted that you joined us at the Paper Players this week! Hope you are well! ((hugs))

stampwithsandy said...

How clever to take letters from each of the thinlits to create "you"! Love all the texture, and of course the sparkle. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players, Helen!