Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Homemade Holiday Framelit Dies (as arrows)!!!

This week at The Paper Players, LeAnne is celebrating her granddaughter's birthday with a CAS child's birthday theme challenge.  Happy Birthday Cassidy!  :)

I have gone for simple shapes & bright colours:-


I was inspired by Just Add Ink's recent challenge to use chipboard, so I created the arrows from multiple layers of cardstock which were stuck together after die-cutting.  To get the arrow shape, I used the cute little house die from SU's holiday catalogue, by simply trimming off the chimney!  :)  It was the perfect size for the sentiments from the Remembering Your Birthday set, which have been stamped in versamark & white embossed.

I had so much fun making this card, that I decided to make a matching treat holder to also play along with the current SUO Challenge which is to "Make it Geometrical!"  I decided to use a cylinder as my 3D geometric shape:-


I used all the same supplies, plus my trusty 1.3/8" circle punch to create the tube ends.  Once completed, I glued one end so that it remains on the tube & the other end has a small ribbon loop attached to it, so the recipient knows which end to remove to access the goodies!  :)


Here are the card & treat holder together:-


& here is a pic showing of the projects as well as die-cuts of the house, so you can see how I trimmed the chimney off!


If you want to see the die in action as an actual house, check out Christine's gorgeous creations here

You can also see how I used another house framelit here.

To play along in these challenges & check out the awesome selection of cards created by the Design Teams, click on the graphics below:-

http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/paper-players-challenge-209-leannes-cas.html

http://suochallenges.com/?p=3972

Card Components
All Stampin' Up!
Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight & Whisper White Cardstock, Lucky Stars Embossing Folder, Homemade Holiday Framelits Dies, Versamark Ink & White Embossing Powder
1.3/8" Circle Punch, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon 

Edited to add
Thank you to the Team at SUO Challenges for choosing my projects in their Top 3

  

10 comments:

laurie said...

The house die is such a great idea for the arrows, and a fun use for the sentiment! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, Helen, you ALWAYS come up with the most clever designs! This is SO cute and fun! Love how you made the arrows, but the candy holder steals the show! Thanks for Cassidy's birthday wishes too! And thanks for playing with my PP challenge this week!

stampwithsandy said...

What a clever idea to use the house die as an arrow, Helen! I like how you broke up the sentiment onto three of them. The treat holder is adorable, too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Andrea W said...

I'm loving the bright colors you used and the star embossing looks awesome! So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

Rachel Palmieri said...

Fabulous projects !

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, this is perfect for both challenges!! Love the bright colors and creative use of the house die- thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Connie Babbert said...

Very fun and VERY clever to use the house framelit!!! Good eye! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Geometrical Challenge this week!

Stacey said...

What an adorable and fun set! I'm loving your cylinder and am marveling at how smooth your end caps are! Thanks for playing along at SUO this week!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a fantastic idea, Helen! You are back in a big way!!! Hugs xxx

Karen Barber said...

SOOOO unique and SO VERY COOL!! I love your take on the geometric challenge!