Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Paper Players - A Button & Coloured Baker's Twine

This week Sandy is hosting at The Paper Players & has provided the challenge of using a button on a project.  Here is my submission:-


& here is a close-up of the vintage button, which has it's own specially coloured "Mossy Meadow" baker's twine, courtesy of a little colouring from the lightest shade of the Old Olive Blendibilities markers:-


& here is a shot of the layered trim so you can see what a perfect match the coloured twine is to the Mossy Meadow ribbon!


The last few cards I have posted have been rather CAS, so I went to town on this card!  I brayered the background DSP with Crumb Cake ink to soften the starkness of the white hexagon print (from the Moonlight DSP Stack) against the vanilla cardstock.  While I had the brayer out, I coated my hexagon embossing folder with ink & used it to "stamp" my background panel.  I added a punched edge to the vanilla panel & layered up the three trims.  This whole panel is lifted on dimensionals.

The flowers were stamped with Rich Razzleberry & Blackberry Bliss in varying combinations & levels of saturation.  The leaves were stamped with Old Olive & Mossy Meadow.  The flowers & leaves were fussy cut & layered with dimensionals onto the card, then given a liberal sprinkling of tiny pearls.

To colour the trim, I laid some white baker's twine onto a piece of wax paper & used the side of the brush nib of the Blendibility marker to colour it.  I set it aside to dry for a while before using it.

I really enjoyed all the processes involved in this card & am very happy with the outcome.  Thanks for the inspiration, Sandy!

Click on the graphic below to go straight to the challenge:-

http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/the-paper-players-207-theme-challenge.html

All Stampin' Up!, as listed above
(Razzleberry satin ribbon is retired)

6 comments:

Jaydee said...

So pretty. I love the color scheme and the button anchoring the sentiment. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Joanne James said...

Such a pretty card with those wonderful bold blooms! Love the coloured twine through your vintage button - perfect! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week.

Yapha said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the pearls in the flowers. Great use of the button! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my, Blendabilities on twine...brialliant! This is gorgeous Helen and I love the pretty button sentiment! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Patrice said...

Lots of lovely detail in your card Helen. Love how you coloured your twine, must remember that little tip. Those pearls are divine in the centre of your blooms. Just beautiful. x

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

It is so long since I have played along with ANY challenges! And ... there are some FAB new ones around! This is a beauty, Helen! Hugs xxx